This dish is heavy on the prep, but very rewarding. My husband and I decided we liked the leftovers even better, hot or cold.
|Avi watching me slice eggplant|
You will need three cheeses:
- Something salty (I used Bulgarit)
- Something soft like ricotta or cottage cheese
- Something stretchy and melty like mozzerella (I used "gvina tzuba", something like Edam.)
At least two vegetables, ready to eat:
- Pre-fried or grilled zucchini
- Pre-fried or grilled eggplant (You must salt and rinse it first.)
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Anything of your choice from mushrooms to fresh spinach.
|frying crepes and zucchini|
A stack of thin, just barely cooked, "Passover Crepes." Use three times this recipe. (Prepare extra if you're new to crepe-making.)
|layering zucchini, Bulgarit cheese, and crepes|
|Smooth layer of crepes|
Alternate layers of crepes, veggies, sauce, and cheese, until the pan in full. Top with the cheese that melts. Bake until the whole thing is hot and the top is golden brown.