Sunday, June 24, 2012

Very Easy Apple Sauce Cake

My husband's birthday is on Thursday, but we're expecting a crazy week, so we had a little surprise celebration today. I had just over an hour until he would be home, in which time I hoped to clean the whole house, start dinner, and bake a cake. All with four kids at home. Thankfully, I had the perfect cake recipe for the occasion! It's a recipe I posted previously, Leah's Easy Applesauce Cake, but with a few changes of my own (in bold).
      
   Ingredients
  • 2 cups (260 grams) whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup (150 grams) demerara sugar
  • 3/4 cup agave nectar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon (I used freshly grated)
  • pinch of fresh nutmeg
  • 2 tsp aluminum-free Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup (237 ml) olive oil
  • 1 cup (237 ml) natural, unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/2 - 3/4 bag of chocolate chips (save some to put on top in the last 15 minutes of baking)
Mix all ingredients very well. Bake at 180C / 350F for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...