Sunday, February 20, 2011

Steamed Aromatic Chicken Recipe

 

The last couple weeks I've been steaming chicken breast in my pressure cooker.  I've taken chicken from frozen to juicy with great speed.  Even my kids love it.  The first week  I started with a layer of herbal scraps: leek greens, parsley, and wilted basil.  Then I added 1-2 cups of water, a lightly greased steamer basket, and chicken breast.

I clamped on the lid and cooked for 4 minutes once high pressure was reached, plus natural release. (Turn off the heat and wait for the pressure to drop.)

I let the chicken rest for about ten minutes, then I sliced it thinly and topped with tomato sauce, fresh chopped tomatoes, and slivers of fresh basil.

This week I skipped all the herbs.  I just put chicken in my pressure cooker at the last minute (in the steamer basket), sliced it, and kept it in a warm oven with tomato puree, dried basil, and garlic powder.

The next day I sliced the pieces into smaller cubes, moved to a bowl with all the tomato sauce, and called it chicken salad.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Do you think I could do it in a regular pot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rivki, Did you try it? I would think as long as the pot closes tightly it would work, just take longer.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...