Friday, February 18, 2011

Apple Crisp - No sugar added

My son actually requested I make baked apples.  This was very easy and tasty.  You could even skip the topping for a simple weekday treat.

Core and slice apples.  Layer them in a dish with cinnamon and spices of your choice.  I like a little salt and fenugreek.

In a saucepan or in the microwave warm margarine, butter, and/or oil. Mix in oats, cinnamon, fenugreek, and (optional) agave syrup.

Spread over the top of the apples.

Bake until golden brown.

Happy 100th Post on Cooking Outside the Box!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, I wish I had more apples in the house! I also like to add a little techina to my crumble topping.

    100 posts, you put your fellow starting-out bloggers to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100th post!

    Salt and fenugreek? Hmmmm.... I'm going to have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...