Today, I mostly use it for tea, coffee, reheating the bath, and... EGGS!
Do you want eggs with silky, tender whites and pure yellow yolks in about 15 minutes start to finish? Use an electric kettle! (Also known as a "kum-kum" in Israel.)
- Put some water in your electric kettle/kum-kum.
- Add eggs as you check each one for cracks. A tiny crack will open in the water and make a mess in your kettle.
- Completely cover all the eggs with water.
- Click on the kettle.
- When the water comes to a boil, the pot will automatically click off.
- Leave the eggs in the hot water an additional ten minutes, then transfer to (preferably) icy water and begin cracking eggs.